CCOP-KIGAM Unconventional Oil and Gas Resources Project:
Assessment of Shale Energy resources in Asia
(UC Project Phase II)
A. Background and Objective:
The CCOP Technical Secretariat in cooperation with the Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM) will be conducting the UC10 on 24-26 April 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand. The objective of UC10 is to launch the second phase of the CCOP-KIGAM UnCon Project. CCOP member countries have already identified and mapped potentially-prospective shale energy resource basins in the CCOP region through the first phase of the Unconventional Oil and Gas Resources Project (UCM 1-9) for three years from 2015 to 2017. The shale energy resources of the identified shale basins will be calculated and assessed in the second phase of the CCOP-KIGAM UnCon Project.
B. Participants and Resource persons:
1. National Coordinators and UnCon Project team members from CCOP member countries.
2. Resources persons from KIGAM and other CCOP member countries.
C. Venue and Date: To be announced.
D. Implementing/coordinating organizations:
1. CCOP Technical Secretariat (CCOPTS)
E. Draft Program
1. 23 April: Arrival of participants
2. Day 1: Tuesday 24 April 2018.
- Opening ceremony
- Exchange of Tokens
- Group Photos
- Introduction and Background of the UnCon meeting by CCOPTS
- Performance of the phase 1 of UnCon project and Plan of the phase 2 by Dr. Byeong-Kook Son, KIGAM
- Country presentation of the shale basin and formations of each country, highlighting on:
a) Identified shale basins.
b) How to collect data to calculate the volume of shale formations.
2. Day 2: Wednesday 25 April 2018.
- Continuing the country presentation.
- Discussions on the way forward for the phase 2. (led by CCOPTS)
a) Date and venue of the 2018 UnCon meetings and workshop
b) Methodology of shale assessment
c) Decision of the basins to be assessed.
d) Capacity building for the shale assessment
- Feedback and Summary (led by CCOPTS)
- Field Trip Presentation
2. Day 3: Thursday 26 April 2018.
- Field Trip (To be announced).